Selenium is a fundamental trace element which is closely related to human health. Selenium can prevent and inhibit tumor, anti-age and maintain the normal functions of cardiovascular system.
Selenium-enriched yeast is the best source of organic selenium. The absorption and utilization of organic selenium is much higher than the inorganic selenium, and the toxicity of organic selenium is much lower.
1. High organic selenium content: up to 2000mg/kg;
2. Analysis results from French CNRS shows that the content of organic selenium is over 99%;
3. The bioavailability and safety of organic selenium is much higher than inorganic;
4. Used as selenium enhancer in dairy, rice products, biscuits and beverages etc.
5. Best source of selenium in health foods.
Organic selenium in selenium-enriched yeast
Inorganic selenium, selenomethionine and selenocysteine in selenium-enriched yeast were analyzed in French CNRS labs using HPLC-ICP MS. The research data of different batches showed that there was no inorganic selenium in selenium-enriched yeast, and the organic selenium mainly existed in the form of selenomethionine and selenocysteine.
The bioavailability of selenium in selenium-enriched yeast is significantly higher than that of inorganic selenium
Food with different content of sodium selenite or selenium-enriched yeast was fed to mouse. The content of selenium in different organs and the bioavailability of selenium were tested after one month, the results showed that the selenium in selenium-enriched yeast was significantly higher than that of inorganic selenium.
1. Used as the raw material of selenium-fortified foods,
2. Used as the raw material of selenium health foods or medicines.