Yeast beta-glucan is a polysaccharide exists in the yeast cell wall and has the functions ofimmunity enhancing, blood lipids improving, anti-radiation and intestinal functions improvement. Yeast beta-glucan is a new product developed by Angel Yeast relying on strong R & D capabilities, which is safe, health and with a high biological activity.
Features of “Angel” Yeast beta-glucan:
1. Specific activation of human immune cells and rapidly increase the immune system.
2. Anti-radiation, anti-tumor, and intestinal functions improvement;
3. From natural yeast, safe and health
4. GRAS in USA.
5. EU approved the ratification of yeast beta glucan as a novel food ingredient in 2011.
6. Can be directly used in biscuits, bread, dairy products, confectionery, beverages and a variety of foods.
7. Soluble yeast beta glucan is available now. The application range is wider.
Molecular structure of “Angel” Yeast beta-glucan:
Yeast beta-glucan is a branched β-(1→3)-glucan of high molecular weight (500-1000KD) containing 3% of β-(1→6)-glucosidic interchain linkages.
Physiological function of immunity strengthening
NK cell activity,%
Macrophage phagocytic index
a:compared with control group,P<0.05;A:compared with control group,P<0.01;
Different content of yeast beta glucan (0.03-0.06mg/kg·bw) was fed to mouse. The effect of immunity was tested after 30 days, the results showed that compared with control group, yeast beta glucan can significantly enhance the activity of NK cells and macrophages.
Applications of “Angel” Yeast beta-glucan:
1. All kinds of foods, such as: meat, dairy products, biscuits, drinks, fruit juices;
2. Health food and medicines, to enhance immunity, anti-radiation, regulating blood lipids, and adjuvant treatment of cancer.
The ratification of yeast beta glucan as a novel food ingredient
China Ministry of Health approved the ratification of yeast beta glucan as a novel resource food in 2010.EU approved the ratification of yeast beta glucan as a novel food ingredient in 2011. Yeast beta glucan can be added directly in a variety of foods such as biscuits, bread, dairy products, confectionery and beverages.
The product Applications and usage of “Angel” Yeast beta-glucan:
China only provides usage≤ 250mg / d, and the use does not cover the infant food. The European Union has the detailed requirements of the applications and usage
Use of limited
Dietary supplements(As defined in 2002/46/EC)
375mg (recommended daily consumption by enterprise)
Special nutritional uses of food
(As defined in 2009/39/EC), excluding infants and larger infant formula
600mg (recommended daily consumption by enterprise)